developer.jelix.org is not used any more and exists only for history. Post new tickets on the Github account.
developer.jelix.org n'est plus utilisée, et existe uniquement pour son historique. Postez les nouveaux tickets sur le compte github.

Opened 12 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

Last modified 10 years ago

#821 closed enhancement (fixed)

Improve the policy management module

Reported by: laurentj Owned by: laurentj
Priority: high Milestone: Jelix 1.2 beta
Component: jelix:core Version: 1.0RC2
Severity: major Keywords:
Cc: Blocked By:
Blocking: Documentation needed: no
Hosting Provider: Php version:

Description

the way how we enable/disable/activate/deactivate modules sucks.

We need a better configuration way to do it, which should be more intuitive.

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by foxmask

you think of the ticket #31 ?

or you speak about the actual situation in the 1.1 ?

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by laurentj

the ticket #31 is more general than this one.

this ticket #821 speaks about a thing more specific. Perhaps #31 could fix it, but we can fix #821 without fixing #31. This is why I create a new ticket.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by laurentj

  • Blocking 31 added

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by laurentj

  • Documentation needed set
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed
  • Summary changed from Improve the modules policy to Improve the policy management module

done. r1446. There is now a new "modules" section in the config file. It contains for each module, a status value and a version value :

[modules]

modulename.status = 2
modulename.version = 1.2

Values for the status :

  • 0 : the module is not installed
  • 1 : the module is installed (database is ok for the module for example), but not usable
  • 2 : the module is installed and activated. can be used by other modules, but it is not available through the web (controllers are not callable)
  • 3 : the module is installed, activated, and public. We can use it through the web.

In the configuration, unusedModules, trustedModules and checkTrustedModules are removed.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by laurentj

  • Documentation needed unset
  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I reopen the ticket because there is an issue : because the information of the accessibility (activated/public) is merged with the information of the installation status, the futur installer cannot touche this "status" field, because it could loose the accessibility value.

So we should separate this two informations in two field

  • installed=0/1: indicates if the module is installed or not
  • access=0/1/2: indicates the accessibility of the module. 0=forbidden, 1=private access (only other modules can access to the module resources), 2=public (the module can be accessed from a web url)

I'm working on it.

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by laurentj

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

done. r1451

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by laurentj

  • Documentation needed set

in r1452, I changed again the module management. Now "version" and "installed" variables are in a separate file, installer.ini.php.

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by laurentj

  • Blocking 31 removed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.